Daylight Saving Time (DST) is used to make better use of daylight. More than 60 countries observe daylight worldwide and it plays a major role in your everyday life. Many people love to take advantage of the time change and some may hate it, but they except it as everyone else throughout the year.
There are many benefits that occur when daylight saving time kicks in such as saving energy, longer evenings and fewer accidents on the road.
Let’s now take a look at more beneficial factors that take place when it is time to change your clocks during daylight saving time:
1. Daylight Saving Time saves energy
2. In the summer time, clocks are changed an hour ahead and in the fall time, clocks are change an hour back
3. Many people get confused on when to change the time forward or backwards so here is a little hint when changing the times in the summer and fall. In the summer months it will be spring forward and for the fall months it will be fall back. If you can remember this, then you should not have any issues on how to change your clocks and watches during this time
4. We get longer summer evenings
5. Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Northern Marina Island, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa and Guam do not observe DST
6. There is safer driving and fewer accidents on the road
7. People can enjoy more outdoor activities and events in the extra daylight hours
8. Longer nights give more people a chance to do more stuff such as go shopping, go to the restaurants, party more and many other events that take place at night
9. DST is excellent for the economy
10. You can enjoy more light in the evening time
11. More sports activities occur outside when it is lighter outside during DST
Follow and like us: