The Murph CrossFit Workout (also known as the Murph Challenge) is an intense CrossFit workout that involves a lot of running, body weight exercises, push-ups, pull-ups, and body squats. This workout begins with a 1-mile run followed by 100 pull-ups, 200 push-ups, 300 body squats and then you bring it home by completing another 1-mile run.
This workout usually is performed by a lot of CrossFitters during Memorial Day weekend and it is also to honor and remember all the men and women of the military that have lost their lives defending the United States of America. The Murph CrossFit got its true name from Navy Lieutenant Michael P Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan on June 28, 2005. This was considered one of Michael’s favorite workout to do and every year many CrossFitters come together to partake in this brutal and physical workout in honor of his name.
Benefits when performing this workout is burning fat, gaining motivation in completing this workout and developing more strength.
Let’s now take a look at some quick benefits that take place when you take time to perform the Murph Challenge in honor of the fallen soldiers below:
1. The Murph Challenge usually occurs on Memorial Day (also known as Memorial Day Murph) weekend
2. To make it a true Murph workout, a 20-pound weight vest or body armor is to be worn during the workout
3. This workout helps you get tougher
4. Gives you more strength
5. You can perform cardio a lot better the more you do this workout
6. Gives you the motivation to finish
7. Allows you to experience an intense CrossFit workout
8. Helps you to burn Fat
9. You can gain more muscle and size
10. Helps develop cardiovascular and muscular endurance
11. No gym equipment required
Follow and like us: